Global missions are returning to Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, pitting players against the clock in side quests for festival coins and other rewards.
The global missions, which first started in Pokémon Sun & Moon last November, were missions like “Catch as many Pokémon as possible during the mission period,” and “Defend your Pokémon League championship as many times as possible within the mission period.” The missions continued until July of this year, but many ended in failure with lofty goals like capturing one million total Pokémon. One of the criticisms of global missions was that they had to be activated and downloaded to take part, which meant failure was easy.
For the curious, here’s the full schedule for the new global missions.
- November 17–28, 2017: Catch a lot of Pokémon!
- December 12–27, 2017: Have Fun Mantine Surfing!
- January 9–23, 2018: Win at the Battle Agency!
- February 6–20, 2018: Harvest Poké Beans!
- March 6–20, 2018: Trade Pokémon at the GTS!
- April 3–17, 2018: Hatch a lot of Eggs!
- May 1–15, 2018: Get BP at the Battle Tree!
- June 5–19, 2018: Play in Festival Plaza!
Details will probably come closer to each mission. Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon releases on the 3DS on November 17.
[Source: Pokémon Global Link]