This page covers the event quest Code: Red, which needs to be completed to unlock Devil May Cry’s Dante’s armor set and Charge Blade in Monster Hunter World. See Dante in action in the video below!
- Check the Event Quests page to see if the Devil May Cry Event Quest called Code: Red is currently available.
- Join Code: Red. You must be at least HR 14 to join this quest, and up to four players can play at once. See Code: Red Tips below for more specific information and tips.
- Earn seven Red Orbs by completing Code: Red. You will earn between one and three each time.
- Head to the Smithy and choose “Forge Equipment” > Weapons > Charge Blade to find Dante’s Devil Sword.
- Choose “Forge Equipment” > Armor (High Rank) to find Dante’s Armor.
You will also need to use rare materials like Plates and Gems from Anjanath, Odogaron, Rathalos, and Teostra in order to make Dante’s weapon and armor. See those sections below for more details.
|Set Bonus||Effect||Pieces Needed|
1 – –
| Weakness Exploit x1
Critical Eye x1
|Red Orb x1, Rathalos Scale+ x5, Orogaron Scale+ x5, Anjanath Scale+ x5|
3 – –
|Evade Window x1, Critical Eye x1||Red Orb x1, Odogaron Sinew+ x6, Odogaron Claw+ x5, Odogaron Plate x1|
3 – –
|Evade Window x1, Special Ammo Boost x1||Red Orb x1, Anjanath Pelt+ x6, Anjanath Fang+ x4, Anjanath Plate x1|
3 – –
|Evade Window x1, Latent Power x1||Red Orb x1, Rathalos Carapace x6, Rathalos Wing x3, Rathalos Plate x1|
|Weakness Exploit x2||Red Orb x1, Teostra Carapace x6, Teostra Webbing x3, Teostra Gem x1|
Dante’s Devil Sword Charge Blade
- Attack: 720
- Affinity: 0
- Element 150 Thunder
- Phial: Impact
- Sharpness: Large Blue
Materials Needed: Red Orb x2, Anjanath Gem x1, Odogaron Gem x1, Teostra Mane x4
To join the 8 Star Event Quest Code: Red, you must be at least HR 14. It requires you to fight the following in this order:
Ice is very effective against all of these monsters except, unfortunately, Rathalos. Consider having your four-person party bring a majority of Ice weapons with one or two status or raw damage weapons.
Make sure you have decent Fire resistance – all of these besides the Odogaron can attack with it! The rest is up to you based on the Weapon you’re using.
You may have to complete Code: Red up to seven times to earn all seven Red Orbs, or you may get lucky and acquire multiple orbs per completion.