Last Edited: May 14, 2019 at 8:25 PM
This page catalogs all of the content updates for Red Dead Online, beginning with the November 2018 public beta.
The beta is officially over for Red Dead Online and huge gameplay additions are included in the update today (05/14/19), including new co-op story missions, Free Roam activities, Poker games, and various stability improvements. Details on the entire update are below:
- A Land of Opportunities offers a new co-op mission that has players continue assisting Jessica LeClerk in uncovering the investigation of who killed her husband. Honorable and dishonorable players will have different paths for the mission, but will be led to the same ending eventually.
- Dynamic Events: Encountering random NPC’s in need will give opportunity for XP, Honor, Cash and possibly Gold rewards.
- New Showdown Mode Overrun: Gain as much land as possible by marking your territory from your opponents while defending what you can. Whoever has the most land at the end wins.
- New Weapon: The LeMat Revolver holds a 9-round chamber that revolves with a second-barrel for single shot rounds.
- Play Styles: Offensive and Defensive playing styles will now be available for players to choose. Offensive play can lead to more hostile interactions, while Defensive play is meant for those who want to explore in Free Roam without conflicts constantly arising. Defensive players will not be engaged to PvP Free Roam missions nor are they able to be pulled into them while in the play style. They will have a shield icon by them, will take less damage, and cannot be melee attacked, targeted with auto-aim, lassoed, or executed. Any attacks on a Defensive player will result in heavy penalties.
- The Hostility System: This system has received improvements and balancing, including any players who are defending themselves against an attack will no longer get marked as hostile or have a bounty on them. More information on The Hostility System can be read here shortly on IGN’s Wiki.
- Added Bonus: All players who login to Red Dead Online this week will receive 15 gold bars and have a 25% XP increase on A Land of Opportunities, Free Roam Missions, Showdown Modes, Races, and Free Roam Events. All treasure hunters will also get 25% extra Cash and Gold in chests. Those who are Ultimate Edition owners will receive RDO$100 and the Throat Slit emote for free.
May 7, 2019: RDO$100 Bonus Week
This week in Red Dead Online, Rockstar has announced a bonus for all players who have hit rank 10 and above.
- RDO$100 Bonus for Rank 10 and Above (login before May 13)
April 30, 2019: Open Target Races for Xbox One
- 30% bonus RDO$ and Gold in:
A Land of Opportunities Missions
All Free Roam Missions and Free Roam Events
All Showdown Modes including Gun Rush
- Open Target Races available to both PS4 and Xbox One players
- Fences will offer 25% off all available weapons this week
- Rank requirements lifted
April 16, 2019: Bonuses in Showdown Modes and More
- The new care packaged this week is available at your Camp’s Lockbox or any Post Office.
- Includes Potent Tonics:
3x Potent Miracle Tonic
3x Potent Snake Oil
3x Potent Health Cure
3x Potent Bitters
- 1.5X Gold and RDO$ in all Showdown Modes, Race or Gun Rush, including:
Up In Smoke
Spoils of War
A Land of Opportunities Missions
Free Roam Missions
Free Roam Events
- 25% Off Ammo and Ammo Rank Requirement Lifted
April 9, 2019: Plunder
- New Showdown Mode: Plunder
- Plunder has players work with their team to capture supplies and resources from a specific location, delivering them to the team’s base. Stealing from an opponents base is also allowed, but it will make the player visible to everyone else. Health, Stamina and Dead Eye should be filled before you run for a package and tonics can be used to bring your tank to gold. In order to cause damage to more enemies, use the team-based Dead Eye Ability cards such as Focus Fire so your teammates can damage opponents while your own Dead Eye is being used.
- New outfits this week include:
- Added Bonus: Access to coats, holsters, boots, and gloves up to Rank 40 will be available to all players until April 15. The Turkoman, Missouri Fox Trotter and Arabian Horses are being brought down to Rank 40, with Volatile Dynamite, Incendiary Buckshot, Explosive Slug, Express Explosive, and Dynamite Arrow pamphlets being lowered to Rank 60 for the week.
April 2, 2019: Up In Smoke
- New Showdown Mode: Up In Smoke
- Up In Smoke is focused on destroying the opposing teams camp at any cost. Players start with an explosive package and must deliver it successfully to then detonate a part of their camp. After all packages are successfully delivered and the enemy base is on the ground, victory is then awarded to the standing team.
- XP Earning Activities:
- 30% XP boost on all Ability Cards – either Dead Eye or Passive Variants. Ability Cards that will assist in Up In Smoke include:
To Fight Another Day
- New outfits in the Wheeler, Rawson & Co. catalog this week include:
Winter Shotgun Coat
March 26, 2019: Target Races
- New races available: Target Races
Players will shoot targets on horseback to pass check points and be the first to finish the race. Everyone starts out with a bow and arrow and each target hit will increase your horse’s stamina. The course has strategic pickups to further increase stamina and sprinting, while firearms and limited ammo can be found in weapons pickups.
- PS4 Early Access: PlayStation 4 users get early access to Open Target Races, where they compete in an open space opposed to a strict course.
- XP Earning Activities:
- 20% XP will be given across multiple activities, such as Target Race, helping others in Free Roam Missions, clearing Hideouts, hunting, crafting, and choosing your path in A Land of Opportunities.
- 25% off Deals: Everything in the Horse Care Section at the Stables and in the Wheeler, Rawson & Co. Catalog are 25% off.
- New outfits this week include:
Morning Tail Coat
Bowyer Boots (Female only)
March 12, 2019: Spoils of War
- New Showdown Series Mode: Spoils of War
A Capture-the-Flag style mode for 2-16 players. Each team must steal loot from their opponent’s base and return it to theirs while defending their own stash. Whichever team steals the most by the end of the match wins.
- XP Boost: Spoils of War matches offer a +20% XP boost.
- Limited-Time Outfits: The Wheeler, Rawson & Co catalog is beginning its rotation of temporary stock. This week, available outfits include:
The Tasman Outfit (Male only)
The Danube Outfit (Female only)
Hitched Skirt (Female only)
Winter Shotgun Coat
Squat Stovepipe Top Hat
March 5, 2019: Fools Gold
- New Free Roam Event: Fool’s Gold
Fools Gold pits several players against one another while clad in golden armor. Players without armor can eliminate the wearer and claim the armor for themselves.
- New Weapon: Evans Repeater
- Player Care Package:
60x High Velocity Pistol Ammo
60x High Velocity Repeater Ammo
2x Fire Bottles
8x Fire Arrows
2x Jolly Jack’s
2x Potent Horse Medicine
1x Lake Lure
- Special Spinner: Players who complete five daily challenges between March 5th and 11th, 2019, will receive a Special Spinner, a fishing lure useful for all fish that cannot be lost to a broken line.
February 26, 2019: Daily Challenges & Bounty Updates
- Daily Challenges
Complete rotating objectives to earn bonus cash, gold XP. For example, today’s inaugural Daily Challenges include:
– Kill 5 players with a Double-Barreled Shotgun
– Join 1 Gun Rush team
– Kill 3 players from a moving train
– Change your hairstyle once.
- New Weapon: Rare Shotgun
An ornately-decorated double-barreled shotgun. Found in the Catalogue under Unique Weapons.
- Bounties and Bounty Hunters: Criminal activity now results in a cash-value bounty being placed on your head. If you manage to earn a significant bounty, NPC bounty hunters will begin tracking and ambushing you.
- New Emotes: 12 new emotes have been added in the following styles:
– Dramatic Actions
– Greetings and Receptions
-Taunts and Jeers
- New Clothing Items: Hundreds of new clothing items for male and female avatars have been/are being added to in-game stores. New hats, coats, vests, shirts, pants, and accessories have all been added. Some are marked with a “Coming Soon” tag and are currently unavailable for purchase.
- Player Blips: Player map markers now only appear if you are within close proximity, and fade to invisibility as you get farther away. Players who are behaving dishonorably (committing crimes, killing NPCs and other players, etc) will have darker map icons (similar to GTA Online’s Mental State function) and will appear on your maps at greater distances.
- Parlay & Feud Update: The multi-kill restriction placed on the parlay/feud functions have been reduced to a single kill.
- Weapon Tweaks: Rockstar has slightly reduced the range at which headshots deal critical damage for all weapons. It has also increased damage done by the Carcano and Rolling Bock Rifles, as well as the damage done to limb and body shots with the Varmint Rifle. Arrow trails are now more visible.
- Dead Eye Skill Tweaks: No DeadEye cards except Paint it Black allow for perfect accuracy anymore. Individual card updates can be found in the full patch notes.
December 14, 2018: More Player Gifts and Fixes
Released as RDR2 Title Update 1.05, this update fixed connection and crashing issues in Red Dead Online and RDR2’s Story Mode. It came alongside news that Rockstar would be gifting RDO beta participants an additional 15 Gold Bars (on top of the 15 they may have received from the previous update), and select players who pre-ordered various versions of the game would also be receiving a cash bonus as well. The in-game cash gifts will be split over the following tiers:
- Special Edition: $100
- Ultimate Edition:1,000
- Any pre-order: $100 (stacks for Ultimate/Special Edition owners)
Full patch notes from Rockstar can be found on the Patches and Updates page.
December 06, 2018: Economy Re-Balance
Contained within Title Update 1.04 for Red Dead Redemption 2, this update includes several changes “specifically geared towards creating a more balanced, fun and rewarding overall experience, across all modes and missions.
- Increasing the cash and gold payments across a number of different activities including Free Roam Missions, Free Roam Events, replays of A Land of Opportunities Missions, Showdown Series modes and more.
- Reducing the prices of most weapons in the Wheeler, Rawson & Co Catalogue and Gunsmiths. For players that have already purchased weapons at the previous prices, we will automatically deposit the difference to player balances starting today – please look for an alert message the next time you log in to the Red Dead Online Beta to notify you of this change, refunds may take up until December 10th to reach all players.
- Balancing the values of select pelts, skins and fish as well as horse reviver and pamphlets.
As an added bonus, all Red Dead Online Beta participants who logged in before the patch will receive a gift of RDO$250 and 15 Gold Bars. Gifts should start arriving and hit all eligible players by Friday, December 14th.
Was this guide helpful?