Fortnite Week 1 Challenges of the Season 7 Battle Pass are here. Clear at least four of the seven challenges to earn 5,000XP. This set was released on December 6, 2018.
See a list of all the Weekly Challenges here. Looking for a specific Season 7 Week 1 challenge? Use these links to jump to each tip section:
The dancing challenge from Season 3 is back! Find seven no dancing signs and do the forbidden: dance! We went back to our old map and checked, but only two locations still exist in the current Fortnite map. Those two include the one near the metal llama and the hill northwest of Wailing Woods.
Here is a lit of all 12 locations. Remember, you only have to dance in front of seven of them!
- Junk Junction – At the base of the metal llama.
- South of Risky Reels on the small hill with the RV.
- Dusty Divot – Near the zipline on the northeast edge of the crater.
- At the race track in the desert along the back wall of the taco shop.
- North of Wailing Woods at the ice cream truck on the small hill.
- At the top of Stunt Mountain, north of the soccer stadium.
- On the very edge of the pointed section of the snow biome, south of Frosty Flights.
- Southeast of Frost Flights on a small hill with a campfire.
- Loot Lake – On top of the giant rock on the east side.
- South of Paradise Palms on top of a mountain with three cacti.
- Southwest of Dusty Divot near the top of the irregular mountain.
- Lazy Links – On the dock over the pond.
Simply pick up at least one of each type of item rarity. For those unfamiliar, here are the five weapon types:
Play five different matches where you score at least one elimination. If you’re having trouble getting an elimination, try playing squads or duos where you have teammates to help you. On the other hand, taking someone out in solos will eliminate them immediately rather than knocking them out. It’s unclear if the Team Rumble LTM will count towards this goal.
A multi-stage challenge where dancing at different locations moves you to the next step. Keep in mind you have to visit the areas in different matches. The three stages are:
- Stage 1: Dance on Top of a Crown of RV’s
- Stage 2: Dance on top of a metal turtle
- Stage 3: Dance on top of a submarine
You can find the first part of this challenge on top of hill in the desert biome. This hill is south of the small adobe town near the gas station. Dance anywhere within the ring of cars to make it count!
The metal turtle is situated east of Wailing Woods. Look for the big metal turtle hanging out near the edge of the map. Make sure to dance on top!
Finally, the last location is on top of a frozen submarine in the new snowy terrain. Head over to quadrant B9 and look for the submarine at the top of hill. You’re better off landing here from the battle bus rather than trying to build up!
Deal 500 damage through headshots. Considering headshots typically double the damage, reaching 500 total damage shouldn’t take too long. Obviously, aim for the head to make it happen, but certain weapons could make this easier. Using shotguns when you’re up close can make it a lot less of a chore. Be above an enemy to increase your chances as the head hitbox will be on top of their body hitbox. While you’re sniping, take bullet drop into account and aim higher the further you are.
A second multi-stage challenge involving opening containers. The full list:
- Stage 1: Search Ammo Boxes in a single match
- Stage 2: Search Three Chests in a single match
- Stage 3: Search One Supply Drop in a single match
Head over to any of the 21 named locations and take out an enemy. Do this for five different locationsto complete the challenge. Sadly, a number of previous locations were removed in Season 7 but we also get a few brand new ones! Rest in peace Greasy Grove and Flush Factory. Here is a list of all named locations:
- Junk Junction
- Haunted Hills
- Pleasant Park
- Snobby Shores
- Tilted Towers
- Shifty Shafts
- Dusty Divot
- Salty Springs
- Fatal Fields
- Wailing Woods
- Lonely Lodge
- Retail Row
- Lucky Landing
- Risky Reels
- Lazy Links
- Paradise Palms
- Tomato Temple
- Loot Lake
- Polar Peak (new)
- Frosty Flights (new)
- Happy Hamlet (new)